Monday, April 28, 2008

Jameson's: a scholar and a gentleman

v>

Jameson received an award at school for academics and citizenship the other day. He was one of two in his class to receive the award. Caleb, Colston and I were all at the assembly when Jameson’s teacher presented the award to him. He was so excited he wanted to dress up as a Wrangler cowboy, his school mascot, to accept the award (see picture). That explains the neckerchief he has on in the pictures. His teacher made him take off his cowboy hat covered with 100 bottlecaps, minus the few that have fallen off, and the sunglasses.

I am so proud of Jameson and his academic achievement, but my proudest moment was hearing his teacher, Mr. C, as he was awarding Jameson say how Jameson is always caught doing the right thing and is quite the gentleman. Mr. C said Jameson always lets girls go first and is often holding the door for others. I can’t begin to tell you how good that felt. One concern I have being a mother of boys is raising gentlemen. So I was very, very happy to hear Jameson is making an effort.

a

0 comments:

iinitiate the blog

iinitiate the blog