Saturday, September 12, 2009

message received loud and clear: here are more pics of the cooperfive and one of the first sightings of my bald spot

a faithful zombie recently requested some more face time with the cooperfive. i know this is good for one's self-esteem (to view pics of the coopfive)... and because of that coupled with the fact that this particular zombie is fully dedicated to the blog, i am willing to oblige.

to be more specific, the zombie i am referring to asked for some more pics of the fam... i can do that. i have the technology. furthermore, i apologize for being so remiss in exploiting the family a little more... but keep in mind there is always a picture of mrs. blogmaster and c-town in your local walmart. so, if you are ever needing a cooperfive pic fix, just wander down to your local walmart to catch a gander. plus, you can take part in supporting corporate america while doing so. few things would make me prouder of my zombies.

without further adieu, here are some pics from the cooperfive's recent trip to san diego and the wild animal park, seaworld and the beach. enjoy... and please don't give me a hard time over the small, but growing, bald spot on the back of my crown. you probably won't even notice (as i say this, i am intently awaiting your reaction to confirm my assertion while trying to act all apathetic... you know what i'm talking about).

alright, since i've started now, one quick little adieu...

when i saw that pic (the one with my bald spot), a part of me died. i've always had a healthy head of lettuce. i shampoo and use conditioner often, but aim doesn't let me touch the expensive product stuff. i guess it's partially her fault. unfortunately, i think age has something to do with it and, as such, things aren't likely to get better.

all i know is that each morning i notice a few more hairs in my hands after washing my hair than i used to. in the past, this didn't affect me in the slightest since i've always had a more than healthy growth of foliage up top... more than my fair share, e.g. birds could have nested there and i wouldn't have noticed (i may have even challenged my hairs to come on out if they dare, see if i care!). not so anymore (i care now). the hairline is receding and thinning out and, consequently, i am seriously starting to look into some preventative medicine and black magic to delay the inevitable.

i'll take a few swings at the windmills of old age before going down, but i'm not messing around with a comb over, plugs, or a toupee. once it starts to go and is pretty noticeable, it's getting bic'd.

do you hear that follicles? you're officially put on notice. don't say i didn't warn you. once you start to depart, there ain't no turning back... gone. il finito. hence forth and forever. my way, or the highway. (please consider my way).

i pause to see how my follicles react to my threats

i don't feel you growing any faster. did you hear me? do i need to repeat myself?

alright, i'll give you one more chance and then i'm grabbing the shaving cream (do you see why mrs. blogmaster might get frustrated with me as a disciplinarian?).

here's the problem with going bald. it works for some dudes, but not so much for others. take for instance, me. i have a big head. figuratively and literally. but, we're just talking literal here for now. maybe the swelling never went down from the time i got it stuck in the pulpit (see prior post), or maybe i was just born that way. judging by the size of my dad and brother's noggins, i'd say it's more of the latter... hereditary, in other words. my point is that the bald thing doesn't work so much for guys with big heads unless you want to be mistaken for a chemo patient or sloth from goonies. not really the look i'm going for.

just cross your fingers and hope it doesn't come to that. in the meantime. enjoy the pics for real... no more tangential discussions about my physical appearance, although that's what you get when you ask for pics.

any other requests, zombies?








































5 comments:

Kelly said...

LOVED IT!!! Thank you for appeasing one of your most faithful followers! And Jeremy you are not balding...trust me, you don't know what balding is! :)

Anonymous said...

I knew you were getting old, but not that fast. Now, I can't wait to see you, with your new glasses, the cane and some confortable slippers.

aims said...

it's pretty nice. Grandpa Treasure

emcghee said...

Ask and ye shall recieve! WOW That was a string of photos! I didn't even see a picture of you that you could even tell if there was a bald spot! But i do love the fact that men can be vain too. Women (most of them) pick themselves apart in every picture of themselves. I have been know to delete a perfectly good picture, of everyone else in it, because I didn't like it of me.

And the aging, well . . . if you find a remedy let me know, I'm not a fan of the whole process so far!

the cooperfive said...

kelly,

that is quite possibly the funniest comment anyone has ever made on this blog. that puts you in strong contention for commenter of the year.

alexandre,

you forgot the hearing aides.

grandpa treasure,

you make growing old look easy.

emcghee,

i knew you would comment eventually. you are easily my most dedicated commenter. thanks for reading and thanks for adding your two cents. i anticipate your comments.

iinitiate the blog

iinitiate the blog