Wednesday, December 17, 2008

hell hath frozen over






to my faithful blog reader (no that's not a typo, i think my blog nation is down to one),

the day has finally come and as the title to this post indicates, hell has frozen over. this double entendere has two meanings (fyi: that's what double entendre means).

first, vegas is often referred to as hell. it is now snowing the likes of which this town has never seen in my lifetime. thus, in one sense, hell is in the process of freezing over.

second, this post will be short. many of you have probably said that a short post from me would happen when hell froze over. we'll, it's happened and is happening.

thus, in closing, as the immortal steven morrissey once sang "this is the last post i will ever post(audience cheers)..." actually, he said "song" and "sing," not "post" and "post." i have decided to bring to a glorious end all posting on the blog since i just learned that the worsening snow storm conditions have forced the closure of certain freeways i take to get home. it's ugly out here. but don't cry for me, las vegas, my time as a blogger has run its course.

in other words, i might not make it and i'd rather just say "goodbye" to all of you from my platform of choice than in my casket at bunker memorial.

so, i guess this is it. if my frozen solid remains are found days, maybe years, from now covered in snow, know that my final thoughts were with you, my blog zombies.

ciao... and, yes, this is a short post for me.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I wish I had some pithy comment, but I just wanted to say how awesome your posts are--they always make me laugh. Loved the Kathyrn post--classic.

Anonymous said...

What the (frozen) hell?
Is it true? Are you stopping your hilarious Cooper family stories? Are you telling us we won't be able to appreciate your total lack of uppercase anymore? Are you insinuating we won't be able to know what happens to Vegas?
No, I can't believe that. You're kidding us, don't you?

Alexandre

emcghee said...

Frozen solid remains! . . . . what about the sleeping bags in your car!? But your right, from your office to your house is so desolate, we might not find you for years. So long . . . .

Tara said...

I finally looked up your blog, you're quite whitty! I have loved the snow, but I'm now ready for it to melt and warm up again. This (the snow and cold) being one of the key reasons I told Bob we were not staying in Nebraska.

iinitiate the blog

iinitiate the blog