Sunday, November 30, 2008

the oath

here are some pics from my swearing in as an attorney. before you can practice law, you must be sworn in as an officer of the court. generally, most people will wait until the state bar sanctioned mass swearing in. for those of us who don't want to wait, one can be sworn in by a notary public very easily by reciting a simple oath, signing a piece of paper and sending it in. i opted for the latter and made mention of my intentions to a co-worker of mine. this wo-worker of mine, tiny dave we'll call him, saw this as a perfect opportunity to embarrass me and proceeded to call my wife, my mom, and schedule a firm wide event that afternoon during which i would be sworn in by my boss in tiny dave's graduation robes with my left hand on a treatise on trusts and my right hand at a square. oh, and there was some sheet cakes from sam's club as well.

aim came with coles, my mom and dad came, and some of my other co-workers were in attendance as well. i think kenna jo missed the humor in the whole even and actually shed a tear or two as jeff, my boss, swore my in. it was fun for all. i think aim appreciated it as did my parents, so, thanks dave.






0 comments:

iinitiate the blog

iinitiate the blog