Saturday, August 2, 2008

here we go

i had this idea today: what if i actually posted an entry every day for a month straight? would the world be a better place? as far as i know, only a handful of people are reading about the cooper five. my mom doesn’t even read the blog on a consistent basis. i have considered putting a counter program on the site to get an idea of how many people are gracing the pages of the cooper five each day, but i am afraid of what the numbers might be.

instead, i prefer to live my life in blissful ignorance. by my guess, the masses are in fact reading the blog but not leaving comments because they fear by my biting, yet artful, prose. as you can tell, no one is safe on this blog. not even my mom (especially my mom). i have taken a shot at just about everyone i know and am not afraid of (actually, i know a lot more people than i have made fun of on here, but they are all pretty scary people).

thus, i can understand your apprehension and your logic. fine. but you should know that i will find each and every one of you and when i do, i promise you that i will type in all caps: my name is jeremy kenneth cooper. you killed my father. prepare to die. actually, i won’t say that. i’ll just make fun of you, but i’ll make fun of myself as well.

back to the point. my brother-in-law once told me that he did some research on blogging (he's a very thorough type except when it comes to wallets, licenses, keys, punctuality... i digress) and he told me that one of the major reasons blogs fail is the lack of consistency in posting.

rest assured little ones... this blog will not fail. not on my watch.

in all of your presence, i now pledge to make some useless, maybe even mindless, post every day for the month of august. if in return, i get at least one comment for each post, i will do everything within my power to maintain a fairly consistent posting pace for the remainder of my life… or at least until something trendier than blogging comes along (i'm thinking something like pictures and stickers in photo albums with cute little miniature objects glued everywhere... i’m a genius).

on a more substantive note...

we are now in utah. we are here for my sister-in-law tami's wedding (check out her blog: t-cakes). good times. driving to provo was as joyous an experience as ever. driving along interstate fifteen is always memorable because it gives me time to do nothing but think and i like to think. unfortunately, it's generally too loud for me to even be able to hear myself think. too bad, because given all the time i have spent traveling between california, utah and vegas, i'd probably have cured stuttering or something like that by now. (business idea: limo partitions in family sized vehicles).

i actually prefer driving at night. it’s really quite a treat for those present who are lucky enough to serve as patrons to a personal concert headlined by none other than the artist formerly and currently known as jeremy cooper. to give you an idea of the level of talent we are dealing with here, if i could only sing-a-long to a cd during an audition and throughout the contest, i would easily have won american idol by now. so, there you go: i'm pretty buck. but, as fun as the one-man sing-a-longs are, the real fun starts when i fire up the ipod and go acappella on the crowd.

i often serenade my beautiful muse as she silently sits by my side with her eyes closed and mouth agape. she lies there whispering sweet little breathing noises of encouragement to me as i croon and that's when i know she has realized just how lucky she is. i mean, she knew she was marrying a directionless freshman in college when we took the plunge way back then, but what she didn't know was she was also getting an alum of kenna jo and karen's children's choir.

oh, the rehearsals and practices that took shape those monday afternoons in the talent-rich confines of the south stake relief society room. our artistic thirst could not be quenched… it knew no bounds. i mean, how else could the pantyhose skull cap with yarn hair implants come for the ragg mopp number ever come to fruition? if not there, then no where i say. pure genius.

mom: just so you know, the years of shoving choir and singing stuff down jeff's and my collective throat has finally paid off.

i can’t end a blog on our family travels without mentioning my favorite part: packing. i have come to greatly disdain the packing process. packing in our household always seems to be left to the very last minute. for me, that's no big deal... i can pack for a week in about 15 minutes. for aim, it's not as fluid of a process.

generally, aim picks out every outfit for not only every day of a trip, but every possible occasion of each day of the trip with surgical precision. in most cases, like surgery for example, that type of attention to detail isn't such a bad thing in fact it is commendable; however, when that sort of time and energy is used to select a wardrobe, i tend to get a little antsy.

i love aim and i love her wardrobe, but i generally have to be in a certain mood to choose the better of the four black tops that basically all have the same affect on me... and i'm usually not in the mood for that come 11 pm the night before the trip.

thus, you can imagine my excitement and utter joy when i noticed all of aim’s clothes for the trip were already out and ready to be packed. you naïve little fool you (me, not you). what i didn’t realize is that aim had merely narrowed down the trip’s selection to the clothes that were out and my role of century standing at the gates of aim’s favorite carry-on bag still needed to be fulfilled.

it’s like clockwork. but we get through it. we pick out that wardrobe and the next thing you know, i am back to serenading aim in the passenger’s seat as my number one fan sits watching with that signature dreamy/groggy look on her face.

6 comments:

team howey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
team howey said...

Jeremy, I got you covered on this post for a comment, so you can keep on bloggin'

Travis

Anonymous said...

Don't believe Jeremy. He sings like a dead pigeon. I already heard him, I'll never forget.

the cooperfive said...

trav,

thanks for commenting. now let me in on your guys' blog so i can keep up with team howey.

alex,

the acappella cd i put together of me covering all of poison's greatest hits that you requested is in the mail.

team howey said...

Jeremy,

Now that you are finished with school and studying for the bar, we can allow you to waste your time reading our blog. Email me at teamhowey@q.com and I will give the needed credentials.

Travis

Up in Bubbles said...

dude the limo partition was mine and kelley's idea along with children seat pods that cover each chair. These magnificent contraptions consist of a porta potty (a cup in your case), DVD player and drinking fountain of some sort oh and most importantly, sound proof. i am looking for investors at this time.

iinitiate the blog

iinitiate the blog